MODULEX Extraction System
ESTIMATED DAILY THROUGHPUT: 7540 – 10560 LBS
This machine is designed to work with one or two pumps, one for CO2 and another one for co-solvent (optional), six extraction vessels, three/four separation vessels and separated chiller and heater. It can reach max pressure (Pmax) of 300 bar and max temperature (Tmax) of 85 °C. There are two pressure set-points: the first one is for extraction vessels, and the second one for separation vessel. There are 5 pressure gauges and voltage can be chosen on request.
Carbon dioxide is continually recycled with a close circuit for fluid recirculation. It’s full automated and process is controlled by on board computer. Automation not only controls pressure and temperature but operates the full extraction process.
Included with the system
All supercritical CO2 systems need some ancillary equipment to work. We provide all the equipment necessary to operate with systems operating with CO2 in the supercritical state at no additional cost to the customer. All the equipment listed below is included.
Systems operating with supercritical CO2 need a chiller to liquefy the gaseous CO2 during the recirculation process or to condense some aqueous compounds in the cooled separator or cold trap. The chiller also keeps the liquid CO2 in thermodynamic equilibrium inside the working tank (accumulator), ensuring the continuous operation of the machinery 24/7. Finally, through a special exchanger, it allows the diaphragm metering pump to avoid cavitation and relative loss of efficiency. The system will switch on/off automatically the chiller. The chiller is included in the price for all Lab and Production series systems.
- Voltage/Frequency – 3 Ph 460/60 V/Hz or 400/50 V/Hz
- Installed Power – 8.98/14 kW/A
- Size (WxHxD) – 2×4.2×4.6 feet (60x130x140 cm)
- ASME or PED certified safety valve for each vessel in isolated tubing from vessel.
- PLC microprocessor Intel i7
- Compressed air pressure 100 psi or 7 bar
- Compressed air flow 1 CFH or 28 L/hr
- 2 Back pressure automatic pilot valves
- 2 Automatic back pressure valves
- This system can be equipped with a safety Certified PLC in addition to process PLC controlling the position of the lids, the position of the valves and other safety sensors assuring safety operations. Improving safety of the operator is our mission. CE or UL certification for the electrical panel is available as an option. Pressure vessels are ASME-certified, and control system is SIL4-rated.
49.5 ft (15 m)
20.9 ft (6.4 m)
16.4 ft (5 m)
154300 lbs (70000 kg)
Recommended Room Size
Floor: 82 ft x 29.5 ft (25 m x 9 m)
Ceiling Height: 31.1 ft (9.5 m)
460 AC-V / 400 AC-V
60 Hz or 50 Hz