Dual 51L Extraction System
ESTIMATED DAILY THROUGHPUT: 175-265 LBS
This machine is composed of two extraction vessels, three separation vessels, a separated chiller, and a separated heater. The system comes with one pump for CO2 and can be configured with another pump for a co-solvent. It can reach max pressure (Pmax) of 350 bar and max temperature (Tmax) of 85 °C. There are two pressure set-points: the first one is for extraction vessels and the second one for separation vessels.
There are 5 pressure gauges and voltage can be chosen on request.
Carbon dioxide is continually recycled with a closed circuit for fluid recirculation. The system has PLC on board and is connected to the internet by an Ethernet network connection. It is fully automatic and is equipped with a touchscreen.
The system is PED/CE certified and ASME/UL certified.
Included with the system
All supercritical CO2 systems need some ancillary equipment to work. We provide all the equipment necessary to operate systems with CO2 in the supercritical state at no additional cost to the customer. All the equipment listed below is included.
Systems operating with supercritical CO2 need a chiller to liquefy the gaseous CO2 during the recirculation process or to condense some aqueous compounds in the cooled separator or cold trap. The chiller also keeps the liquid CO2 in thermodynamic equilibrium inside the working tank (accumulator), ensuring the continuous operation of the machinery 24/7. Finally, through a special exchanger, it allows the diaphragm metering pump to avoid cavitation and relative loss of efficiency. The system will switch on/off automatically the chiller. The chiller is included in the price for all Lab and Production series systems.
- Voltage/Frequency – 3 Ph 460/60 V/Hz or 400/50 V/Hz
- Installed Power – 8.98/14 kW/A
- Size (WxHxD) – 2×4.2×4.6 feet (60x130x140 cm)
- ASME certified safety valve for each vessel in isolated tubing from the vessel
- Low headroom hoist
- 15-inch touchscreen
- PLC microprocessor Intel i7
- Compressed air pressure 100 Ψ
- Compressed airflow 1 CFM/h
- 2 Back pressure automatic pilot valves
- 2 Automatic back pressure valves
- This system can be equipped with a safety Certified PLC in addition to process PLC controlling the position of the lids, the position of the valves and other safety sensors assuring safety operations. Improving safety of the operator is our mission. CE or UL certification for the electrical panel is available as an option. Pressure vessels are ASME-certified, and the control system is SIL4-rated.
12.9 ft (3.9 m)
8.8 ft (2.55 m)
7.8 ft (2.4 m)
7055 lbs (3200 kg)
Recommended Room Size
Floor: 22 ft x 17 ft (6.7 m x 5.2 m)
Ceiling Height: 13 ft (4 m)
460 AC-V / 400 AC-V
60 Hz or 50 Hz