Hightech Extracts, LLC, headquartered in Biddeford, ME, is an engineering and systems integration company developing systems for the manufacturing of extract-based products.
Founded in 2015 by longtime business partners Paul Gelardi and Norman Olson, Hightech Extracts’ mission is to revolutionize extract manufacturing through the research, development, and commercialization of a fully integrated extract manufacturing system. The centerpiece of the Hightech Extracts approach is SuperCritical Fluid Extraction — the best method of selectively, and cost-effectively, extracting chemically pure essential oils and natural compounds from botanical materials.
Hightech Extracts (HTE), the exclusive North American Distributor of SCFN Systems, offers a wide range of supercritical fluid extractors – from small, entry-level systems to mid-scale, research and development equipment, as well as customized large-scale production systems.
The SCFN System replaces the current mismatched collection of manual and semi-automatic solutions with an integrated system – which maximizes product quality while minimizing labor expenses and yield losses. Our patented and proprietary extraction system offers the most consistent results and highest yields, with no degradation of materials.
The Hightech Advantage — We know manufacturing.
Hightech Extracts Turn Key Solutions include the Supercritical CO2 extraction system, facility design, as well as process development and equipment. With years of experience navigating unique market opportunities, the Hightech team walks clients through each and every step of the process. From initial purchase to installation and technical support, our team is always there to help.
Hightech Extracts’ team of 20+ employees and consultants have been involved in the implementation of several Biomass & Hemp CBD Extraction Facilities, in addition to many other products and industries. Hightech Extracts Turn Key Solutions include the SCF-CO2 extraction system, facility design, as well as process development and equipment. We work with our bio-botanical extraction clients to build manufacturing strategies that match their market strategy and determine the best systems for material preparation, extraction, and processing.
Hightech Labs, a Supercritical CO2 extraction lab located in Biddeford, Maine, serves as the exclusive Biomass/Hemp Product Line Managers for the SuperCritical Fluid Network. Utilizing SCFN equipment and technologies, Hightech Labs provides training, demonstrations, contracted Research & Development, as well as commercial extraction of biomass and hemp. Catering to quickly evolving multi-faceted markets, Hightech Labs assists clients in developing recipes and processes that achieve the highest quality product with the lowest possible extraction cost.
Supercritical Fluid Network (SCFN)
Hightech Extracts is a member of the SuperCritical Fluid Network (SCFN), a network of partner companies that bring next-generation supercritical fluid technologies to the global essential oils and natural product industries. SCFN’s international consortium of networked companies works together as a technology supply chain. With over 23 years of experience, SCFN methods have been applied to over 600 natural oils and compounds from over 300 different bio-botanical raw materials.
SCFN’s mission is to fully develop the technology of supercritical fluids from scientific knowledge of the bio-botanical raw materials, to the application of supercritical CO2 for the pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, nutraceuticals, food, and health industries.
For nearly a quarter century, the SuperCritical Fluid Network has been engineering and building Supercritical Fluid CO2 extraction technologies on an Industrial Scale. SCFN Systems are available globally, with systems currently operating in Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East. Together, Hightech Extracts and SuperCritical Fluid Network build custom systems based on client specifications using a modular approach. This approach allows us to maintain predictable results while providing the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry.
The SuperCritical Fluid Network includes medical, scientific, engineering, industrial and marketing partners. The primary companies include:
- Hightech Extracts (USA) — the exclusive SCFN North American Distributor and Biomass/Hemp Product Line Managers.
- Separeco (Italy) — an application engineering company specializing in the design and construction of SCF-CO2 systems for extraction, purification, pasteurization, and micronization of essential oils and natural compounds.
- Mancin Automation (Italy) — software engineering company specializing in state-of-the-art machine controls.
- Exenia Group (Italy) — science and research company focused on the development of naturally derived products and solutions.
- Coproget (Italy) — industrial fabricator with extensive experience in construction of industrial scale, stainless-steel machinery and factories.
- SIMN, the Italian Society of Natural Medicine (Italy) — European institution created to provide authoritative, science-based solutions for the treatment of medical conditions and general wellness, utilizing naturally derived products is an engineering company developing systems for the manufacturing of extract-based products. Our mission: revolutionize the entire extraction process. The centerpiece of our approach is supercritical fluid extraction, the best way to selectively and cost-effectively extract chemically pure essential oils and natural compounds from botanical materials.
Hightech Extracts and the SuperCritical Fluid Network are partners, bringing next-generation SCF technologies to the North American essential oils and natural products industries. Together, we build systems to your specifications using a modular approach that allows us to maintain predictable results while providing the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry.
The Hightech Advantage: from initial purchase to installation to technical support, we’re there to help. We’ll work with you through every step of the process — selecting the right extractor, building the feature set you need, creating custom recipes — to help you achieve the lowest possible extraction cost per gram.