1.7L Extraction System
ESTIMATED DAILY THROUGHPUT: 4-6 Lbs
This machine is composed of one or two pumps, one for CO2 and another one for co-solvent, one extraction vessel, two/three separation vessels, and a separated chiller and heater. It can reach max pressure (Pmax) of 350 bar and max temperature (Tmax) of 85 °C. There are two pressure set-points: the first one is for extraction vessels and the second one for separation vessels.
There are 5 pressure gauges and voltage can be chosen on request.
Carbon dioxide is continually recycled with a closed circuit for fluid recirculation. In PLC versions, the system is connected to the internet by an Ethernet network connection, it’s fully automatic and is equipped with a touchscreen.
The system is PED/CE certified and ASME/UL certified.
Included with the system
All supercritical CO2 systems need some ancillary equipment to work. We provide all the equipment necessary to operate systems with CO2 in the supercritical state at no additional cost to the customer. All the equipment listed below is included.
Systems operating with supercritical CO2 need a chiller to liquefy the gaseous CO2 during the recirculation process or to condense some aqueous compounds in the cooled separator or cold trap. The chiller also keeps the liquid CO2 in thermodynamic equilibrium inside the working tank (accumulator), ensuring the continuous operation of the machinery 24/7. Finally, through a special exchanger, it allows the diaphragm metering pump to avoid cavitation and relative loss of efficiency. The system will switch on/off automatically the chiller. The chiller is included in the price for all Lab and Production series systems.
- ASME certified safety valve for each vessel in isolated tubing from the vessel
- PLC microprocessor Intel i5, PLC version
- Compressed air pressure 100 Ψ
- Compressed air flow 1 CFM/h
- 1 or 2 Back pressure automatic pilot valves
- 1 or 2 Automatic back pressure valves
- This system can be equipped with a safety Certified PLC in addition to process PLC controlling the position of the lids, the position of the valves and other safety sensors assuring safety operations. Improving safety of the operator is our mission. CE or UL certification for the electrical panel is available as an option. Pressure vessels are ASME-certified, and the control system is SIL4-rated.
Extractor 1 Volume
Extraction Canister 1 Volume
Separator 1 Volume
Separator 2 Volume
Separator 3 Volume
5.2 ft (1.6 m)
6 ft (1.8m)
4.6 ft (1.4 m)
1332 lbs (600 kg)
460 AC-V / 400 AC-V
60 Hz or 50 Hz