The perfect sizing was done after the analysis of a million dozed processes data tag and efficiency evaluation. You can see the results of our efforts in this surface plot.
In our systems we’ve found the best combination of Process Pressure, CO2 Flow / Extractor Volume ratio and Efficiency of the process. So for each extractor volume we use the most efficient pump, keeping in mind an optimum process pressure. In fact, for our volumes, the best CO2 pump flows are:
- 5 L Canister = 25 kg/h of flow
- 10 L Canister = 50 kg/h of flow
- 20 L Canister = 100 kg/h of flow
- 100 L Canister = 500 kg/h of flow
- 200 L Canister= 1000 kg/h of flow
- 500 L Canister = 2500 kg/h of flow
Although the CO2 flow/extractor volume ratio is not a scientific parameter to evaluate the extraction kinetic of chemical compounds (we use kg CO2/kg raw material or, for specific compounds, its real solubility per kg CO2 flowed), it is considered good enough for initial sizing.