A 5-liter system with stainless steel frame, vessels, and piping.
- Width: 12.5 feet (3.8 meters)
- Height: 9.8 feet (3 meters)
- Depth: 7.5 feet (2.3 meters)
- Weight: 2866 lbs (1300kg)
- Recommended Room Size: 16.4 x 16.4 feet (5 x 5 meters) with a ceiling height of 11.8 feet (3.6 meters)
- Voltage: 460 AC-V or 400 AC-V
- Frequency: 60 Hz or 50 Hz
- Installed Power: 15 kw
- Current: 121 A
CE or UL certification for the electrical panel is available as an option.
Pressure vessels are ASME-certified, and control system is SIL4-rated.
This machine is composed by one or two pumps, one for CO2 and another one for co-solvent, one extraction vessel, three separation vessels, one fractionation tower, and one SC-CO2 pasteurizator. Separated chiller and heater.
It can reach max pressure (Pmax) of 350 bar and max temperature (Tmax) of 85 °C. There are two pressure set-points: the first one is for extraction vessels and the second one for separation vessels. There are 5 pressure gauges and voltage can be chosen on request.
Carbon dioxide is continually recycled with a closed circuit for fluid recirculation. The system is connected to the internet by an Ethernet network connection, it’s fully automatic and it’s equipped with a touchscreen. PLC on board in PLC version.
The system is PED/CE certified and ASME/UL certified.
There are two pumps:
- The most important is the CO2 pump, the carbon dioxide is the principal solvent for the extraction of apolar chemical compounds.
- The secondary pump is used for the release of polar or medium apolar co-solvents during the process – useful for the extraction of chemical compounds with different degrees of polarity.
At the condition of max-pressure, these pumps can ensure a CO2 Flow of 25 kg/h, and Co-solvent Flow of 5 L/h.
The extraction process is based on small variations of solvent’s (CO2) pressure and temperature. These critical operations are ensured by several heat exchangers filled with water, which is heated or cooled by a separated, external chiller and heater.
- Chiller: Included
- Heater: Included
- Extractor volume: 5 L
- Extraction canister volume: 4 L
- Separator 1 volume: 2 L
- Separators 2 & 3 volumes: 1 L
- Accumulator volume: 15 L
- ASME certified safety valve for each vessel in isolated tubing from the vessel
- PLC microprocessor Intel i7, PLC version
- Compressed air pressure 100 Ψ
- Compressed air flow 1 CFM/h
- 2 Back pressure automatic pilot valves
- 2 Automatic back pressure valves